Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: George Will on Prophets Of Doom/ Global Warming ...

Red face

I often amaze myself - until my wife straightens me out.

Bill
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Originally posted by 2ndthyme
    some people need bandwagons, others really do require law (especially when profit margins could be affected). I see it as similar to some people don't kill because they know it would be wrong, others need a law to keep them in line and still others really contain themselves for fear of a God's judgement

if not for laws,,,, we would have very little clean water to consume. people/industry didn't just stop polluting out of common sense
    That is true. The problem is that after a few obvious successes, the bully pulpit was siezed to try and enact additional things that do nothing more than transfer wealth by buying "environemental credits" whether it be through Carbon offsets, for personal needs or offsets as outlined in the Kyoto protocol, on a larger scale that do nothing to reduce pollution, but do line the pockets of select groups of people.
    If you don't make someone elses life better, what good is yours?

Weighty decisions are easy to make, when you aren't burdened by all the necessary information

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings. The inherent virtue of communism is the sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill

If you think the United States is bad, think of another country that wants to put troops on the border to keep illegal aliens out, instead of walling in their citizenry