Thread: A Cellphone That Is Really A .380

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wannabe is offline Nov 5, 1946 - Nov 19, 2018
    A Friend Who Will be Missed.
    May He Rest In Peace
    Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    That is awesome, I understand the police's concerns though. Most times if a man has a gun nobody is going to mess with him as opposed to somebody that wants to steal a phone. A phone won't scare anybody off, a gun would. I think if I was licensed to carry I'd want a gun. However I'd love to have the phone gun but only as a novelty, not as a carry piece.
    Never pull a gun to scare someone off. If you feel that your life or someone else's is in danger then pull your gun and USE it to stop the threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    Never pull a gun to scare someone off. If you feel that your life or someone else's is in danger then pull your gun and USE it to stop the threat.
    I agree wit you but if I pull my gun and they start running off I'm not going to go to jail for shooting them in the back.
    This is your mind on drugs!

Quote Originally Posted by mgrist View Post
    I agree wit you but if I pull my gun and they start running off I'm not going to go to jail for shooting them in the back.
    Correct...In my classes I taught folks that if the assailant is more than seven or so yards from you, and is not pointing a gun at you, you have time to avoid the confrontation...But if an armed assailant is advancing on you from a closer distance, feel free to shoot...And commit this phrase to memory, "Officer, I was in fear for my life, and I shot only to stop the attack"...Repeat in court if necessary......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Wannabe is offline Nov 5, 1946 - Nov 19, 2018
    A Friend Who Will be Missed.
    May He Rest In Peace
    Your goal is to remove the threat. If they run they are no longer a threat.

Two rounds of 380...not much stopping power in that caliber... maybe a modified form of the Mozambique Drill. Just don't miss ....

My normal choice when carrying is a Taurus 38 model 85, in SS. It is a five shot revolver with a 2" barrel. I have no interest in killing anyone. It's enough to make someone rethink a bad decision.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis