Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romance is racist says Black Professor…

Romance is racist says Black Professor…

…when one can find racism in everything, racism no longer exists.

“Romance” promotes white supremacy, according to a Black Studies professor who said she has “endured” bad relationships.

University of California Santa Barbara Professor Sabrina Strings addresses this topic in her new book, “The End of Love: Racism, Sexism, and the Death of Romance.”

“I am only one of the millions of Gen X-to-Gen Z women who have endured a seemingly endless array of miserable relationships with men,” she (pictured) writes in her new book, according to the university news story.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/romanc...rofessor-says/

Modern educators are poisoning our youth. I'm almost in favor of banning higher education in anything other than the sciences.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Modern educators are poisoning our youth. I'm almost in favor of banning higher education in anything other than the sciences.
    I’m totally with you Sir!

There’s a reason why so many are choosing to homeschool their children. In my opinion, the amount of Indoctrination going on in the American Public School System would make the likes of Stalin, Chairman Mao and Pol Pot green with envy.

It is a scourge.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I strongly disagree. Obviously, I am biased. I am heavily invested in education and improving education at all levels.

The future of our economic health is heavily dependent on the education level of our citizenry. Not providing effective education to our youth would be tantamount to economic suicide.

The notion that higher education is poisoning our youth with liberal thinking is over blown----over blown for two reasons:

1. Students coming out of those institutions, even if they "buy into" a liberal philosophy are not done life's journey---they will form and reform their thinking throughout their lives.
    2. There are far more conservative schools (ie Oral Roberts U. and Liberty U. to name only two). To be sure, there is a long long list of these schools.

I currently am affiliated with Thomas Edison University in NJ. I have no sense of political bias---it, like so many multiples, are apolitical.

We have an extensive State University system in PA, I know of no poisoning of young minds in any of those schools, other than the possible exception of trump.

For every Harvard there are many that are not.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Note that I qualified the statement by using the term "almost". It is far to complicated to do something like that.

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

To your cartoon Mike, that, unfortunately, is at times appropriate.

My friend spent years writing about education, often comparing our system to the German system. He also lectured at the University of Rosenheim, all professors were required to spend one year (at an approved company) for every four years at University. He has worked hard to get similar programs in the US. One of the problems comes from the Professors themselves---they are too comfortable in their ivy covered bastions. University administrators must buy into this and be involved to make this process effective.

That does not mean our educational system is broken, it simply means it can be improved.

Quote Originally Posted by FriendofBRW View Post
    I’m totally with you Sir!

There’s a reason why so many are choosing to homeschool their children. In my opinion, the amount of Indoctrination going on in the American Public School System would make the likes of Stalin, Chairman Mao and Pol Pot green with envy.
    That is an interesting opinion.

Please help me to better understand your opinion by using historical details of measures taken by those despots which led you to this opinion.

Also, please give examples of our current educational system that you judge worse than your examples from these desposts. I am anal, so please be specific with your examples. Thank you in advance for your thoughtful response.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 05-19-2024 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    That is an interesting opinion.

Please help me to better understand your opinion by using historical details of measures taken by those despots which led you to this opinion.
    I’ve read here that a typical response when ask to provide examples is;

“I would not waste my time”…or something to that effect, but since you asked..

Lets see. How about I start with personal observations and experience.

I volunteered a lot at my youngest primary school and saw many examples

Lets start when President Ford passed. While most government buildings flew the flag at half mast, her’s didn’t…Why? I found our latter from another parent it was because the Admins didn’t care to much for Republicans. Apparently, that overheard the discussion. Now I wasn’t there, so I can’t say for sure, but what I can say is at no time the day or after, the flag was at full staff.

When Obama was elected, my youngest was now in 4th grade. Every where there were books highlighting the Obamas…. Three in particular were The Iconic Obama…The Obama’s and one other about Hope and Change we can believe in. I know this and saw this as I was still fairly active at her school. Their just books right? Just promoting the Book Fair right? Well, maybe, but, I rarely saw books being displayed about the previous administration.

Then there was all the talk on campus by several teachers about how refreshing Obama was over Bush. In front of the kids no less. Were they talking to the kids? Not directly, but you know children…they’re always listening right?

Then there was the Poor Little Trayvon incident. My youngest, and to an extent my middle one for that matter (High school at the time) would talk about how they felt Zimmerman murdered him. I ask my youngest, why and she told me there was a discussion at school. Why would there be a discussion like that? In High School? Yeah…I can see it. Middle School? Not so much..

It just so happens that my youngest got to go with her Sr. Government Class to witness Trump’s Inauguration. That was interesting. To the Teacher’s credit..at the planning meeting she did say to the kids, despite our feelings, you must refrain and be respectful. I just found that odd, she would need to use the word “we”.

Here’s couple examples as well: Remember that crazy weird video of those high school kids dee dressed in military style fatigues entering the classroom while being filmed likely by the teacher as they chanted… “alpha…omega…alpha…omega..and professed their appreciation to Obama who encouraged them? Crazy weird by any standards

Then there’s that little incident where elementary kids where filmed praising Obama?

Let’s talk about Pride…and Pride Month. Tons of not so subtle support in the classrooms where Rainbows were everywhere and in just about everything. How do I know…I saw it.

A good example of what I didn’t see, but have no doubt it occurs much more frequently than reported https://youtu.be/rvyhKmfbtx0?si=SDZEQGhwqTNKKnTI
    Last edited by FriendofBRW; 05-20-2024 at 01:26 AM.

I strongly disagree. Obviously, I am biased. I am heavily invested in education and improving education at all levels.

The future of our economic health is heavily dependent on the education level of our citizenry. Not providing effective education to our youth would be tantamount to economic suicide.

The notion that higher education is poisoning our youth with liberal thinking is over blown----
    I Strongly disagree with your notion that it (indoctrination) is being overblown.

Look at what these college kids are protesting? One does not become so delusional and foolish..at the same time…and same place….except thru indoctrination.

I guess you aren't going to answer the question

I think he did when he took one your responses when he said " I'm not going to waste my time".
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I did…you ask a question “ Please help me to better understand your opinion by using historical details of measures taken by those despots which led you to this opinion. ”

You asked for when, where and how…I gave you plenty.

I find it strange that you asked for examples stating you’re anal
    about about specifics, yet, when asked the same of you…nothing. Seems pretty disingenuous, I think.

Third post down http://www.crackerbarrelphilosophers...-impression-if

Why not start with Stalin, then Mao and finish up with Pol Pot?

Please detail how they are included in this rant.