Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Springfield Armory Hellcat

Springfield Armory Hellcat

Has anyone had any experience with the Springfield Armory Hellcat?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intro-pistol.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	37155

It looks interesting enough for me to make a trip to the gun store soon. Maybe I've found my Christmas present from me!

Aim Here and be sure to watch the video.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

It's just not enough grip to be comfortable for me...And I say that never having held one...It reminds me of other short-gripped pistols I've tried to shoot...I do like the shorter barrel though as it helps the balance for me...My own favorite carry gun as far as comfort was always my old Colt Night Officer...Full size 1911 grip, 3" barrel and night sights...Supposedly there were only 200 of the 1st generation NO's made by Colt, and I remember owning two...

But I'll look for this one, Mike, and see how it feels......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Be sure to give us a report if you get one in your hand. I have the same concern that Ben has. I have a little .25 semi-auto that suffers from being too small---great in theory but a bit short in practice.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Make sure and also consider the Sig Sauer p365. Many think that it is superior to the Hellcat. No question Springfield designed the Hellcat compete directly with the p365. If you're going for micro-compact I think you should consider both and get the one you like
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Make sure and also consider the Sig Sauer p365. Many think that it is superior to the Hellcat. No question Springfield designed the Hellcat compete directly with the p365. If you're going for micro-compact I think you should consider both and get the one you like
    And, I had forgotten about the Glock 43. I like Glock a lot. The Glock 23 was my duty weapon for well over 20 years and I still carry it when the weather is cool enough for concealment. Not that often in Southeast Texas!

Hickok45 has a nice video about the Hellcat.

I don't know who this kid is, but he makes a good video.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Glock 43 is awesome it's just has such low capacity compared to the Sig 365 and the Hellcat
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Glock 43 is awesome it's just has such low capacity compared to the Sig 365 and the Hellcat
    I agree. Otherwise it would be my first choice.

I guess I'll just keep carrying my Colt and my Kimber...Jeff Cooper once said, "One hit with a .45 is worth a thousand misses with a nine"......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

For y'all complaining about a small grip, I have been able to qualify on my department's firearms course for a few years now with my Ruger LCP .380. They don't come much smaller and I can only wrap 1&3/4 fingers around the grip and the trigger really sucks. The target isn't pretty, but it scores 70% or better. That's all I need.

I'm looking to upgrade the .380 to a 9mm in a sub-compact for easy concealment.

For the record at least at this point time I carry the Springfield XDS 3.3 in 9 mm in the car and I carry the Sig Sauer p365 on the hip when I decide I want to conceal carry all the time which is frequent this time of year since crime Peaks around the holidays.

I handled both the Hellcat and the 365 today. I had just finished annual qualifications with my Glock 23 and the LCP so my hands were used to them when I handled the Hellcat and 365.

Both the Hellcat and the 365 felt really good. I do really like the stock sights on the Hellcat. I plan to play with them a bit more before making a decision.

It's all what you feel comfortable with as you know they're both good shooters I'd feel comfortable with either one of them I interchangeably carry a Springfield and the p365 just so you know Bass Pro Shop is putting up the Sig 365 on sale for 399 in their Black Friday sale.

I bought the Hellcat OSP today. I still don't have it, because no one in the area has one in stock. But, the dealer says he expects 5 of them before Christmas and the first one is mine.

I need to drop in at Shooter's Station tomorrow anyway, if they have it, I'll report back......Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I bought the Hellcat OSP today. I still don't have it, because no one in the area has one in stock. But, the dealer says he expects 5 of them before Christmas and the first one is mine.
    Good deal let us know when you get it and shoot it what you think about it. By the way has the suppressor gotten in yet