Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just sayin

Just sayin

Joe Manchin might have more at stake tonight than anyone---if Warnock wins Joe's currency goes down----if Walker wins, Joe's back as the spoiler
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 12-06-2022 at 06:26 PM.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I do not believe Walker will win.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I know many are voting for Walker because of party and an even split in the Senate---but I could not hold my nose tight enough to pull that lever
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

They have called it for Warnock. Although I don't see him as a great political "doer" Walker would have just been one more idiot wondering about the halls of Congress---which already has far too many

Added in edit: I watched Walker's concession speech last night. I got the sense that he was actually relieved and looking forward to going back to Texas. He was gracious and for the first time that I heard him speaking, I could fully understand what he was saying.
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 12-07-2022 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    He was gracious and for the first time that I heard him speaking, I could fully understand what he was saying.
    I remember hearing that when we took the oath of enlistment, our brains were automatically removed so we could follow orders easily...At the moment of separation, our brains were reinstalled...Maybe entering and leaving politics has the same procedure......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I'm going to go on thin ice here since someone will likely take offense---where there is none intended

That said, some black people (Obama is one), who when speaking to a predominantly black audience alters their speech patterns. I'm not sure that it is jive talk but it mimics the pronunciation and tempo of their speaking. At times, it can be difficult for an old white boy to understand.

Ok----here come the pc police

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    The entire Walker episode reminders me of a poorly made comedy movie.. straight to video and never made money..

When the actor/comedian appears on a talk show, this movie is never mentioned..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    The entire Walker episode reminders me of a poorly made comedy movie..
    With a miscast star and no script

There is a small nugget in me that feels sorry for the guy---he was offered an opportunity to soil himself in full view of the public.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    I'm going to go on thin ice here since someone will likely take offense---where there is none intended

That said, some black people (Obama is one), who when speaking to a predominantly black audience alters their speech patterns. I'm not sure that it is jive talk but it mimics the pronunciation and tempo of their speaking. At times, it can be difficult for an old white boy to understand.

Ok----here come the pc police
    I have lived and work in representative groups my entire adult life and can understand almost anyone speaking an American dialect.. Obama has a most interesting sound.. he speaks a “California “ dialect (private schools in Hawaii) so when he combines the California dialect with the “modified syntax” , well.. just doesn’t sound right..

Every group has their own way of speaking.. I know that a bunch of USMC and/or USN buddies will speak differently among themselves..

It may be best described as "hood speak"

Well it was a sorry excuse of the Reps to use Walker as a candidate. Now for what he did for football will be tarnished by all the warts that came from being exposed and exploited by his handlers. Shades of yes master come to mind.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Looking on the bright side which is very hard to do when a person like Warnock is elected to the Senate this was another huge failure for Trump. And for me that's a good thing.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

It may be best described as "hood speak"
    What is hood speak?

It is the speech of places like Harlem and the Bronx. You can find examples on YouTube.

It is the speech of places like Harlem and the Bronx. You can find examples on YouTube.
    Oh okay I didn't know that. Interesting Walker is not from either of those areas.