Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So does Bloomberg have a chance

So does Bloomberg have a chance

Don't know much about him other than he is very, very wealthy and is the former mayor of NYC. So can he make a run past the kooks already in the race?
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

From what I have read, he will fit right in with them. Just have more money of his own but will still beg the little people to send him thiers .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

I fear him more than Warren. She is just a kook, and he is very dangerous.

He wants your money. All of it.
    He wants your guns. All of them.
    He wants government to control your access to healthcare.
    He wants government to control every breath you breathe.

Thanks, but I think I'll stick with Trump.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Crescent City CA. where the redwoods meet the sea.
    Now who to vote for???? Maybe Trump but a lot of libs maybe like kooks more.
    Old redneck hillbilly borned and raised on a redwood stump.

Guess I better study up on him. He has enough money to run 20 or 30 presidential campaigns and have plenty left over and not need one donation. I did not know he was so extreme. Makes me feel better, last thing I would expect from the left is to let a moderate in the race.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    He has enough money to run 20 or 30 presidential campaigns and have plenty left over and not need one donation.
    So does Donald Trump...Getting them to spend their own money without donations is the tough part......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

The good news---he did a lot of positive things for NYC during his 12 years as Mayor---many of which became painfully apparent when the current dufus showed up

The city was controlled under the "nanny mayor". Now it is more like a free for all. As an example my drive time across the island of Manhattan takes me at least twice as long now, mostly due to double parking which has become rampant.

The bad---he believes that he knows best and everyone else should follow his lead. He is very focused on health and that drove a ban on large soft drinks, an attempt to limit elevator use, smoking bans in any public land or building in the city----and worst of all gun control---he would trample the 2nd!

Much of what he did and tried to do regarding health I agreed with---but it is not the place of government to do that.

Just thought of this one---he implemented a restaurant sanitary rating system that gave letter grades--which were posted at the entrance of every restaurant---now that I was all for!
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I don't need a nanny, I am perfectly capable of screwing up my life without government interfence.

Anyone who "knows best" doesn't know me.

I don't need government telling me what I can and cannot buy in large sizes that are also available in smaller sizes.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if everyone quit smoking, but it is not my place, or the government's place to decide that. It should be left entirely up to the property owners.

If he wants my guns, he can "come and take them", much as the citizens of Gonzales told the Mexican government in 1835.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Started reading up a bit, reminds me somewhat of the Gov out in Cali............not good.

Still too early for me to choose an opponent to Trump. I'll let the primaries sort it out and then decide if the lead Democrat is someone I can support.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Started reading up a bit, reminds me somewhat of the Gov out in Cali............not good.
    He is far more dangerous than the California governor.

A nutcake with an agenda and a big bankroll who wants to be President...Why does this sound so familiar?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Still too early for me to choose an opponent to Trump. I'll let the primaries sort it out and then decide if the lead Democrat is someone I can support.

Hunter
    Unfortunately for you your party is not giving you many opportunities for choice. If you decide you can't support the nominee and I completely understand you will never vote for Trump I fear that your non vote will be a vote for Trump. What a dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    A nutcake with an agenda and a big bankroll who wants to be President...Why does this sound so familiar?......Ben
    Mitt?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    He is far more dangerous than the California governor.
    Wow that's beyond scary