Thread: 911

19 years .....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	911.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	37610  

This will be forever a somber day.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I watched the second plane crash into the tower, before I had to leaves for work that day. Later the same day we were signing papers for our property here in AZ.

Grateful for the people that ran into the buildings and pulled people out. Saw to many stupid stuff with where they parked the trucks around the building like they didn't think it might fall down. Still wonder why the third fell down. Too many theories on the why to relate.

Best thing I saw was the sincere desire to help out. You weren't this or that color but Americans.

Worse was the loss of life then and that continues today for those that stepped up.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

It is one of those life events that everyone knows exactly where they were when they first heard the news. We can never allow those mongrels to get us like that again.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    It is one of those life events that everyone knows exactly where they were when they first heard the news. We can never allow those mongrels to get us like that again.
    Yes. Right on both accounts.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I was driving to work between Cortez CO and Shiprock MN, right at the 4-corners turnoff when I heard on the radio. We had both company planes in the air, and they were ordered to ground immediately. That freaked everyone out and drove home how serious things were.

By twist of fate, the WTC became a part of my life. I had been up a couple of times in the towers. And next I was standing in the "bathtub" after most of the debris was hauled out. I have a piece of rebar from one of the structures. And then I was there a half dozen more times before I hung up my hardhat. The last time was a tour of the tall tower (whose number I dont remember). We could only make it to the 86th floor, which didnt have glass yet. It did have orange safety fence at the edges. I also rode the rickety elevator up the outside of the building.I should mention that the wind blows like hell 1000' over lower Manhattan.

The company I worked for did the steel erection for the original towers. And helped with the demolition and restoration of the transportation system through the "bathtub". Later yet, the thransportaion hub and finally the Oculus, the brainchild of a famous architect named Calatrava.

I am very fortunate to have experienced the NYC subway system in a way that most would never understand.
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Things are fuzzy way back in the dark corners of my "brain", but didn't 9/11 have something to do with the origin of the Cracker Barrel? Isn't that a catalyst for the spinoff?
    "Back after 5 years. I thought you had died.

don"

Splitting my time between the montane and the mesas

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by CactusCurt View Post
    Things are fuzzy way back in the dark corners of my "brain", but didn't 9/11 have something to do with the origin of the Cracker Barrel? Isn't that a catalyst for the spinoff?
    That's true. I was a moderator at the Diesel Stop at the time. Jason didn't like the "other" discussions, so I quit and built this site.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That's true. I was a moderator at the Diesel Stop at the time. Jason didn't like the "other" discussions, so I quit and built this site.
    From the ashes of any evil occurrence, a little good can sometimes be found......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    This will be forever a somber day.
    Naw, a great many have already forgotten.
    "Illegal Immigrant" is not a race....

‎"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion . . . Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." ~John Adams