Thread: Suppressors

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mike, I'd appreciate it if you could post a video, with sound (of course), when you're ready to go.

Thanks,

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Mike, I'd appreciate it if you could post a video, with sound (of course), when you're ready to go.

Thanks,

Hunter
    The video at the start of this thread is what I bought. In the video they fire several different types of .22 rimfire and you can easily hear the differences.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

You're right - thanks, Mike.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I have fully suppressed speakers here......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I took delivery of the new Ruger 10/22 take down today and had a conjugal visitation with the Ruger Silent SR-ISB suppressor. I forgot to get some sub-sonic ammo and the range didn't have any. So, I used some CCI Mini-Mag High velocity ammo. Not the right ammo to test the suppressor, but it is what I had.

We started by running 20 rounds through the stock barrel followed by 20 rounds through the suppressed barrel. The suppressed barrel was definitely quieter than the stock barrel, but not what I expected. I feel sure some sub-sonic ammo will make a great difference.

I didn't realize it when making the purchase, but the suppressed barrel has no sights. I was surprised how well I shot without the sights! Nothing to brag about, but at least I hit the target. I will have to stick some sort of optics on it when I decide between a red dot and legacy scope.

I will get a few different types of .22 ammo and try again next week with optics installed.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I'm looking forward to your reports on this issue in the future, Mike. For, my experience with suppressors is very limited.

Hunter

Here's another video comparing standard vs. suppressed. Jump to the 10:40 mark.