Thread: Chowchilla Kidnapping

Chowchilla Kidnapping

my Fishing Buddy Pat was the lead investigator on this. The quarry where the kids were buried in a van is just down the street from my house. Pat worked with CNN and opened up the Sheriffs archives to CNN and gave his take on the crime to the crews. The film will be shown this Sunday

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/02/us/ch...ilm/index.html
    Last edited by TriGuy; 12-03-2023 at 02:30 PM.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I remember that case and look forward to see how CNN presents it.

I graduated High School at the same age as those children. I cannot bear to imagine how much trauma the survivors went through. I thought it was tough enough just being a fully functional teen.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I to remember that but not sure I can watch it.

God bless this "14 year old young man":

“I never gave up – not completely,” he said, “because I was taught, at 6 years old by a 14-year-old boy: You don’t give up. You keep digging.”
    Just keep digging.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis