Thread: blue rock clay pigeons

blue rock clay pigeons

ok i will admit i am not a skeet/trop shooter.
    i just had a customer of mine give me 3 and 1/2 cases of blue rocks. they are older and i think they are blue (i'll take a pic in the am). i'm just curious about them. i plan to donate them to north mountain hunt club near me for them to use in the youth training. i have never heard or seen these things before, so i'm looking for any and all info. thanks rats
    my biggest question is do they get to brittle over time and become unusable?
    it's time to change the air in my head

Quote Originally Posted by Flaco View Post
    my biggest question is do they get to brittle over time and become unusable?
    Dry solidified clay remains solid until it is turned into powdered clay on the skeet and trap range......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Dry solidified clay remains solid until it is turned into powdered clay on the skeet and trap range......Ben
    Exactly---I have proven that fact many times over. As for the Blue Rocks---they are great---I think they break with less force than White Flyers or Champions. They were made under the Remington brand.

Fire away my good man
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Hmmm... looking at the costs of downing skeet - it's much less expensive than I thought it would be.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead