Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hokey smokes!

air now has my location as unavailabe
    iqair has us at 51
    wunderground has us at 261
    it's time to change the air in my head

282 and climbing here
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    DC area is in a code Maroon.. two steps worse than a code Red..

I learned something, code purple and maroon are more serious than code red..

Is this what LA and Pittsburgh Smog was like?

TV “tower cams” can not see the District skyline, just like in a snow storm..

It is! I happened to be in Pittsburgh on a day with an inversion (early 70's) and it was so bad they shut down all the steel mills. We had a survey crew working on one of the Interstates downtown. It was on a Friday and they wanted to finish the ramp they were working on. One of the crew had an asthma attack---he didn't make it home

Between 1970 and 74 I flew in and out of Pittsburgh on a regular basis---I only had occasional views of the airport. Chicago O'Hare was about the same-----but worst of all was LAX---I could see the smog "tower" from Nevada.

It is 299 here now---it stinks and no it does not smell like a camp fire
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

120 and falling. Change is in the wind...

yup 220 and falling here now. looks like rain too

157 this morning, the fence line trees are green again and there are patches of blue in the sky

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    DC area down to code Orange.. Orange is good today..

The monolithic gray/brown sky we have been seeing daily has been replaced by a far more normal sky with clouds at multiple layers and patches of blue---we might even get some rain

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	39619

That is one heck of an improvement from ----DEADLY

Today is a green day----with AQI at 49

i'm at 71, still a great improvement

Back up to 77 here