Thread: More troubles for trump

More troubles for trump

This is from today's NYT and speaks at length about contemporaneous notes recorded by trump's then attorney (more accurately, one of them) regarding discussions with trump. One of the things I find most interesting about this is this has been ruled as not protected by normal client attorney privilege

Government investigators almost never obtain a clear lens into a lawyer’s private dealings with their clients, let alone with such a prominent one as Mr. Trump. A recording like the voice memo Mr. Corcoran made last year — during a long drive to a family event, according to two people briefed on the recording — is typically shielded by attorney-client or work-product privilege. Some details of the notes were reported earlier by The Guardian.

But in March, a federal judge ordered Mr. Corcoran’s recorded recollections — now transcribed onto dozens of pages — to be given to the office of the special counsel Jack Smith, who is leading the documents investigation.

The decision by the judge, Beryl A. Howell, pierced the privilege that would have normally protected Mr. Corcoran’s musings about his interactions with Mr. Trump. Those protections were set aside under what is known as the crime-fraud exception, a provision that allows prosecutors to work around attorney-client privilege if they have reason to believe that legal advice or legal services were used in furthering a crime.

Mr. Corcoran’s notes, which have not been previously described in such detail, will likely play a central role as Mr. Smith and his team move toward concluding their investigation and turn to the question of whether to bring charges against Mr. Trump. They could also show up as evidence in a courtroom if a criminal case is ultimately filed and goes to trial.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

....and it seems trump is up to his old tricks-----don't pay em!

Donald Trump’s third run for president is already raising eyebrows in New Hampshire as he’s taken on a new campaign strategy that seems downright ridiculous. The former president is reportedly not paying state-level staff who are out in the field to generate support for his candidacy.

The Daily Beast noted that it’s a “conventional practice” to pay around $15.75 per hour, but Donald Trump is opting for a different strategy: “an army of unpaid volunteers.” The outlet explained that they are bringing on “team captains” who “are expected to convince 10 other people to join the field organizing operation; those new recruits are then expected to each find 10 more people, and so on.” It’s what one 2016 Donald Trump adviser called “a Ponzi scheme.” They added, “My guess is they’re using these people for optics while they spend money on legal bills…
    What a guy
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Being rich is an American dream. Being rich and cheap is not.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead