Thread: I Just Love Watching Senator John Kennedy

I Just Love Watching Senator John Kennedy

Here is a VIDEO of Senator Kennedy trying like hell to get an answer out of a deputy secretary of the U.S. Department of Energy who wants to spend $50 trillion on global warming.

I don't know a lot about Kennedy, but from what I've seen over the years I could probably get behind him in a presidential race.

You might have to click on the speaker icon in the upper right corner to get sound.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I've been hearing more speak of him favorably than otherwise......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I've watched him for a long time and I see him creating and image of a good old country boy which is not exactly who he is----but it works. For the most part I agree with his politics, and in that tape I'd give him a standing ovation.

If I were the Honorable David Turk's boss and I saw that performance I'd be waiting at the door when mr turk returned and tell him to clean out his desk It pisses me off that the mealy mouthed toad is being paid with our money.

A little about the "good old country boy":

Kennedy was born in Centreville, Mississippi, and raised in Zachary, Louisiana. After graduating from Zachary High School as co-valedictorian in 1969, he entered Vanderbilt University, where his interdepartmental major was in political science, philosophy and economics. He graduated magna cum laude.

At Vanderbilt, Kennedy was elected president of his senior class and named to Phi Beta Kappa. He received a Juris Doctor in 1977 from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he was an executive editor of the Virginia Law Review and elected to the Order of the Coif.[5] In 1979, he earned a Bachelor of Civil Law degree with first class honours from Magdalen College, Oxford,[6][7] where he studied under Sir Rupert Cross and John H.C. Morris.[citation needed]
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

He's got an interesting history and the experience to match. But, I do have a concern - it's related to his support for #45 and his decision not to certify the last Presidential election. However, I do not see that as a disqualifier - as multiple others have done the same.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead