Thread: True Confession

True Confession

Every 20 years or so I get an urge to give Spam another try---just to see if it truly is as bad as I remember it---so while my wife was in the hospital I decided the time was right to practice my 20 year ritual

I even had to explain myself to the kind folks at my grocery store check out who seemed to want to save me from myself

Now Spam has been running TV ads and one is Spam mixed with green peas and rice---so I thought---I'll give that a try. Well my friends I diced a half a can and did exactly what I saw on TV-----trust me on this----it SUCKED! I thoroughly insulted some perfectly nice peas and dutiful rice

That left me with a tummy ach and a half can of Spam yet to go

I worked it away over the next two days while I embarrassed the chickens that laid the eggs that I made with it

I did my duty---now I am good for another 20---which will bring me to 98 and by then I will be too damn old to remember-----thank the Lord
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

For some reason, Hawaiians love spam. I'm OK with it if it's diced up, fried, and part of rice seasoning. But just sliced and cooked - way too salty for me.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

the only time spam tastes good is after the 5th day out on a backpacking trip in the 1970's and you are sick of oatmeal and top ramen and you have another 5 days to go....
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"