Thread: Bo May Be Showering Less

Bo May Be Showering Less

The Phoenix area can’t meet groundwater demands over next century:

"There is not enough groundwater underneath the Phoenix metropolitan area to meet projected demands over the next century, a finding that could threaten the current home-building boom in outer suburbs that are among the fastest growing parts of the United States, according to an analysis of the groundwater supply released Thursday."
    - Washington Post

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ph...d662d82e&ei=39

One thing I noted when reviewing this information - officially, politicians say all is well and growth will continue. But, off the record, the numbers don't appear to lie. Those of us in the West can no longer count on the water we need to still be there.

The good news? We are having an extraordinary water year - running at up to 170% of normal precip. From the SLC valley floor I can still see show in our Wasatch Mountains. It's like God is giving us one last hurrah before the well runs dry (literally).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Reminds me of a county I worked in. Everyone that had a major building going up or expansion had to meet where they were getting a water source from to fight any fires. They were all counting on a fire tanker the county had. One day I asked what happens if there were two or more fires at the same time. I know dumb question, but shortly there after there was a requirement for on site water.

Same here every developer here pointed to the water supply for building the next great subdivision. Me I have a well, which seems to be grandfathered in. We hit water at 160 feet, guy didn't stop until 500 with the pump at 300 or so. Figure it'll last a while.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Yeah, I'm betting they know where the aquifer is exactly, and its primary source.

For us here, our water source is east of the Wasatch Mountains. Even in a dry year, it snows - more than enough. But, we will to access that source, it's simply a matter of time and money.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead