Thread: My wife

My wife

....is scheduled to come home Saturday

This looks more like a zipper than anything I can think of. This one covers up two prior incisions ---now gone!

If you go further up to her neck there is another there. With two hips and one knee replaced plus all this hardware she has to have a reasonably high scrap value

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The back.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	163.4 KB 
ID:	39602

The one in the front goes east to west and still has bandages on it. She is now 22 days post op.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

You better get that house cleaned up!!!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    True dat!...At least we know Dave already knows how to cook......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Good news. Sounds like she is making progress. Used to be chicks love scars. Now days I feel we have scars to help us live for a little more time. Cherish it all.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I've got that covered----the cleaning girls come on Tuesdays
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    I feel we have scars to help us live for a little more time.
    I am so amazed at our medical technology and our ability to access it. But, I really want our dental tech to do the same.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

glad to hear she has recovered enough to go home!
    it's time to change the air in my head

The Queen is home---now I'm the nurse

Great news!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Long live the queen!...

[...and her staff...]

...Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Great news..

Party on Grubbs!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    The Queen is home---now I'm the nurse
    Great news for sure.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

excellent update Dave
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Thanks guys

It is going better than I imagined. She came to the table for dinner last night and is able to use the bathroom unassisted

She said that her pain is much reduced since getting the staples out. They did send her home with a script for Oxytocin. Our local (and locally owned) pharmacy was out, I had to go to CVS. I try to avoid all big chain stores but I could not avoid this one.

Apparently, what I have been reading about shortages of some drugs has some basis in truth. The cost was not covered by our insurance, I paid full price. The good news is that if she does not take all of them I might be able to recoup the cost by selling the leftovers on the street

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    The good news is that if she does not take all of them I might be able to recoup the cost by selling the leftovers on the street
    There's a sure profit...But if you really want to save on medical costs, there are alternatives to paying those outrageous doctor bills......Ben

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pacemaker.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	39611