Thread: If the reports of the tape recordings are true

If the reports of the tape recordings are true

....the big mouth just might have caught up with the big mouth
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

The one thing Trump's opponents have going for them - he's his own worst enemy.

I think the Republicans are just waiting for him to implode.

Besides one of my aunts on my father's side of the family, I've never seen anyone lie so continuously. It is as if he cannot help himself.

Clinton, Nixon, Trump - all fell at their own hands. And yet, we now know of others just as corrupt. Is it the Presidency? Or, is it the type of person who wants to be President?

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Clinton, Nixon, Trump - all fell at their own hands. And yet, we now know of others just as corrupt. Is it the Presidency? Or, is it the type of person who wants to be President?

Hunter
    It's the type of person that is attracted to elected office. Having worked in the public sector for the past 41 years, I've seen it over and over again. You should have seen it as well.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I'm now reading that mr big mouth might just have dug his hole deeper----it seems he described a document on the tape that did not show up as part of the recovered documents

I grow increasingly optimistic that trump is going down
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

It just keeps getting better!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

My hope is that trump comes to realize that screwing an endless line of poor suckers one at a time is a bit different than screwing an entire country all at once

Bankruptcy isn't going to let him dodge any of this

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    My hope is that trump comes to realize that screwing an endless line of poor suckers one at a time is a bit different than screwing an entire country all at once

Bankruptcy isn't going to let him dodge any of this
    Bankruptcy won't keep him out of the White House. Jail might.

Understood, and my point was that he could not shelter himself with bankruptcy protection as he did in the past. When things would get too nasty he would drain all the assets out of what ever shell company was threatened and declare bankruptcy. Since the company had no assets the creditors were left sucking wind.

I will guarantee everyone, that if the SOB is ever sentenced to jail there will be a cheer go up from contractors and vendors all over the NE---you will hear them in Texas

Gotcha!