Thread: The ones on the margins

The ones on the margins

...got marginalized---on both sides of the aisle.

The extremes are left picking their noses

The legislation — which was crafted through negotiations between President Biden, Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and their designees — cleared the chamber in a bipartisan 314-117 vote and now heads to the Senate, where leaders are hoping for swift consideration as the default deadline looms.
    The vote was 314-117, with more Democrats than Republicans offering their approval. There were 71 Republicans opposed and 46 Democrats who voted against it.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Maybe a shift to center of the aisle action. Think not but holding out hope.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

I am very surprised.

The Donald is not going to be happy!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I am very surprised.

The Donald is not going to be happy!
    Now that breaks my heart

NOT
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

McCarthy did a very good job.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    McCarthy did a very good job.
    I still trying to believe I'm not dreaming! I will have to give McCarthy a point, I never thought he had what it takes to pull this off.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Number of bonehead Democrats that voted against this deal - 46

Number of knucklehead Democrats from NY that voted no - 10

Number of pea brain Democrats from CA that voted no - 11

So just about half the microcephalics in the Democrat party reside in either NY or CA. Good to know.

I like the fact all of this is the result of a bipartisan effort.

We should see the Senate act appropriately as well.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead