Thread: This would not set well with me

This would not set well with me

if I were one of this unlucky bunch being used as political pawns

Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin, who is considered a possible presidential aspirant, announced an executive order directing the deployment of 100 Virginia National Guard soldiers and 21 support personnel. South Carolina’s Henry McMaster and West Virginia’s Jim Justice announced their deployments shortly thereafter, also in response to a request from Texas Gov. Greg Abbott.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    I suspect the majority of out of state Guardsmen are “Guard Bums”.. people who have a military career.. one set of 90-180 orders at a time.. 360 days is a year.. 20 good years is retirement.. could take 25-30 years to acquire 20 good years

Younkin is a weasel.. he won by less than a full percentage point..

The whole thing is not setting well with the Texas State Troopers I know, either. They are tired of being shuffled back and forth to the border only to have the illegals they capture turned loose by Border Patrol. They are tired of sleeping in motels and worse rather than going home at the end of their shift. They are tired of being away from their families. They are tired of the overtime. They are tired of being Abbott's toys that he uses like a 6 year old uses toy soldiers. In short, they are tired of being used as political pawns. It's not what they signed up for and many have had enough and are leaving. Last week, I told one I know that he could be hired by my department in a heartbeat, make more money and go home at the end of his shift. I left him wondering why not?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke