Thread: Tara Reade, Who Accused Biden of Assault, Says She Has Moved to Russia

Tara Reade, Who Accused Biden of Assault, Says She Has Moved to Russia

An except from today's NYT:

Tara Reade, the former Senate aide who accused President Biden of sexual assault as he ran for president in 2020, said on Tuesday that she had moved to Russia and was seeking citizenship there, according to Sputnik, a Russian-government-run news site.

Ms. Reade told Sputnik in a news conference that while her “dream is to live” in both the United States and Russia, she might reside only in Russia because that is where she feels “surrounded by protection and safety.”

In 2019, Ms. Reade, who briefly worked as a staff assistant in Mr. Biden’s Senate office in 1993, accused him of inappropriately touching her. Then in 2020, around the time when he appeared likely to win the Democratic nomination for president, she accused him of sexual assault. Mr. Biden flatly denied her allegations.

In interviews with The New York Times in April 2020, no former Biden staff members could corroborate any details of Ms. Reade’s allegation or recall any similar behavior by Mr. Biden toward her or any women. A friend of Ms. Reade’s said that she had told her the details of the allegation at the time.

In May 2020, a high-profile lawyer of the #MeToo era, Douglas H. Wigdor, dropped Ms. Reade as a client as her credibility came under harsh scrutiny after Antioch University disputed her claim of having received a bachelor’s degree from its Seattle campus.

On Tuesday, Ms. Reade told Sputnik that while her decision to go to Russia “was very difficult,” she believed she would be more safe there.

“As far as like going to another safe haven, I mean, there are many Americans here, and I don’t want to out a bunch of Americans, but there are people here that are coming to Russia,” Ms. Reade said.

She added that “luckily, the Kremlin is accommodating.”

“So we’re lucky,” she said.
    Not nearly as lucky as we are lady
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

That proves that she is a nut case. No jury should find her credible.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That proves that she is a nut case. No jury should find her credible.
    Her lawyer even dropped her---now THAT is saying something!

Old Joe might not be the sharpest knife in the drawer----but he ain't that dull either

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	5 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	39599
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

There is a scene in Aquaman, where Jason Momoa seemingly misquotes a common saying (there is strength in numbers) by saying "the strong man is strongest when alone". Ben Affleck says "that's not the quote, the quote is the opposite of that" and Momoa replies, "doesn't make me wrong".

Tara Reade might be a nut job. Doesn't make her wrong.

And just in passing, that quote that Aquaman supposedly got wrong? He got it right. It was just a different quote than the one Affleck knew. Friedrich Schiller, a German playwright and philosopher, and Henrik Ibsen, a Swedish playwright, both discuss this in the sense that independence and self-reliance takes strength and to do your own thing, in the face of others telling you to go a different route, takes a truly strong person.

So Aquaman knew something that Batman didn't and maybe what everyone "knows" just isn't always so. Same with Tara Reade. Everyone might know she's a fruitcake but maybe, this is just her standing alone.

We'll never know.

Does anyone have a clue as to what Kevin just said?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

EUREKA!! I have reached peak philosophical indecipherability!!

I'm sorry, this is an emotional moment for me, dear friends, give me a little time to process...

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I'm sorry, this is an emotional moment for me, dear friends, give me a little time to process...
    I know you think you understand what you believe I said, but you don't realize that what you heard is not what I meant......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

What Kevin wrote made perfect sense to me. The again I am just a touch "off"

on a side thought:
    I think she could be a player. a well trained plant of a Kremlin agency who just got brought in from the cold before she could be exposed.

As the saying goes (Smoking man to Fox Moulder) "Trust no one".
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    What Kevin wrote made perfect sense to me. The again I am just a touch "off"............
    It might make sense to you, but I'm not into that comic book/super hero stuff.

Friedrich Schiller has a comic book? COOL!!! How often do German playwright/philosophers from the 1700s get THAT??? Not even Beethoven managed that. People say Beethoven was so great. Did he ever get his picture on a bubble gum card? How can anyone be great if they didn't get their picture on a bubble gum card?

An Ibsen comic, that I could understand. Late 1800s, so more contemporary. "A Doll's House", "Enemy of the People", "Wild Duck", heck "Hedda Gabler" was made into a movie with Ingrid Bergman, thank you very much. An Ibsen comic book, while maybe a bit dark (as Swedish cinema tends to be) would be more understandable. Did you know that on "Laugh In", Henry Gibson (who came out with a gigantic artificial flower to recite poetry) took his name from Henrik Ibsen? True story. And none other than John Wayne was so taken by the character that Wayne parodied Gibson with a poem called "The Sky":

The sky is blue
    The grass is green
    Get off your butts
    And join the Marines

Whereupon The Duke crashed through the background instead of bowing and sedately leaving as Gibson did.

So yeah, a comic book for Ibsen is something I would buy!!!!