Thread: And this from Japan

And this from Japan

I will couch this with the statement that the Japanese are not high on my list of nice people.

The tangled story of an art history student and her professor shows the state of sexual power dynamics in Japan, where laws on assault do not mention consent and where the #MeToo movement has not taken off as it has in the West.

The student, Meiko Sano, said that her professor had sexually harassed her and taken advantage of the power imbalance between them for years. She lost her case, and the professor was fired last year. Then, she had to pay damages to the professor’s wife, who accused her of adultery.
    The normal treatment of women in Japan (to my western thinking) is disgraceful. They are treated more like servants than "people". Routinely, they are ignored in a room of men. They have been trained to be submissive at a level we cannot understand. Often---out of rebellion I would say thank you to the "silent servants" that served tea in a meeting, the only problem with that is that I knew I was making them uncomfortable

Those young ladies were all college graduates
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Yeah, it starts for young school girls - which seems to be a national Japanese obsession (fetish). Tarantino even included the meme in Kill Bill 1 with 17-year-old Gogo Yubari (Chiaki Kuriyama), a young assassin who's the personal bodyguard of O-Ren (Lucy Liu). The Bride kills both of them in over the top stylistic scenes.

So, does the above make Hunter a perv? Naw, it makes Hunter a movie nut who pays attention.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post

So, does the above make Hunter a perv? Naw, it makes Hunter a movie nut who pays attention.

Hunter
    Do you drive a pink Dodge pickup?

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Watch yourself now......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    That's one that I had forgotten about!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

...and, as I recall there was one of our regulars that was accused of driving a pink volvo
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ...and, as I recall there was one of our regulars that was accused of driving a pink volvo
    Who was that guy?...Lived out west and thought Coors was actually beer I think......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Who was that guy?...Lived out west and thought Coors was actually beer I think......Ben
    Yup---and the Coors thingy would explain the pink volvo

Yup---and the Coors thingy would explain the pink volvo
    Who would have guessed that watered down water could lead to hallucinatory lifestyle choices?......Ben

That's what I was thinking of!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Major screw up!

Not a Pink Dodge.. A yellow Chevy.. See Bilge post for picture..

Warden Mike - the inmates are taking the prison for themselves.

It's odd Japanese men, known for their business acumen, apparently let fantasy sex with young girls become a major draw. Personally, I think it's due to their male-dominated drinking bouts after work. For, unless a male business partner participates, they become a target of, "You're not a team player," mentality.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    It's odd Japanese men, known for their business acumen, apparently let fantasy sex with young girls become a major draw. Personally, I think it's due to their male-dominated drinking bouts after work. For, unless a male business partner participates, they become a target of, "You're not a team player," mentality.

Hunter
    I could talk about that for hours