Thread: Texas AG impeached

Texas AG impeached

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Long overdue!

He re-election shows just how hard it is to remove an elected official at the ballot box, even when he is under felony indictment.

Trump said prior to the vote:

"Hopefully Republicans in the Texas House will agree that this is a very unfair process that should not be allowed to happen or proceed -- I will fight you if it does," he warned.
    I'm not too sure who he wants to fight or why he thinks it it unfair because Republicans own the house 86-64. The vote was 123-23, clearly a bipartisan effort.

Now, if only the senate will do their jobs and send this trash home, Texas will be a better place. I don't hold much hope for that, though, the Republican senators are mostly all good little Trumpers that march in lockstep with our Lt. Governor, whose brain is remote controlled by Trump.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I have a basic question, not just for Texans but certainly not excluding them:

Why on earth would anyone support a candidate under federal indictment? Is thumbing one's nose THAT attractive, that an accused felon is allowed to slither into office? Surely, other candidates, ones NOT being fitted for an orange jump suit, would serve just as well?

We live in a time when politics is performative catharsis, not about getting things done. Expiation of anger, stubbornness, my thumb in your eye. Reminds me of the two dogs story. There are two dogs, good and evil, fighting all the time within each of us. Which one wins the fight? The one you feed.

I have the same question, Kevin.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

"It makes Paxton only the third sitting official in Texas’ nearly 200-year history to have been impeached."
    - NBC News

Well, at least he's in a rare group.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead