Thread: See you in 18 years Mr Rhoads

See you in 18 years Mr Rhoads

18 years for seditious conspiracy

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/25/polit...ggs/index.html
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Could not happen to a nicer POS
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

The sentencing was decisive and historic. Frankly, I didn't expect it to be so weighty. Yet, the question remains, can our people move on?

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I cannot let this bit of irony pass without note: The presiding Judge in this case, Amit Priyavadan Mehta was born in 1971 in Patan, Gujarat, India.

How do ya like dem apples mr rhoads

Not to ignore the future with these two clowns trying to out idiot each other:

Rhodes told the court that his only crime was standing against those who are “destroying our country.” He says he believes he is a “political prisoner” and that he hopes Trump will win the presidency in 2024. “You are not a political prisoner, Mr. Rhodes,” Judge Mehta said. “You, sir, present an ongoing threat and a peril to this country and to the republic and to the very fabric of this democracy.”

And yet, former president Trump has said he would not only pardon the January 6 offenders, but would apologize to them for their treatment by the government. Today, Florida governor Ron DeSantis, who yesterday announced he is running for president, said he, too, would consider pardoning them, promising to be “aggressive in issuing pardons.”
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis