Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power is back on here...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    At least you enjoyed a steel ship under you...My uncle rode out a memorable typhoon on a 102 foot wooden ship near Okinawa in 1945...Admiral Halsey came near court martial during that period for failure to secure all the ships in his fleet...I recall at least one destroyer going to the bottom of the Pacific at that time......Ben
    Truth be told it was more rust than steel at that point. The USS General W.A. Mann
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I like where this one headed. For, General Mann served in Texas at one time on the Pancho Villa Expedition.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Tuesday afternoon i was in my office and noticed it starting to get dark..
    heck ben, you've been in the dark most of your life, i'm surprised you noticed

glad your ok, sad to hear about the construction workers
    it's time to change the air in my head

I just got a bunch of pictures of Guam

The palms seemed to have been the most common survivors---but not without damage. There are coconuts everywhere. The leafed trees are fully defoliated---it looks like mid-winter where there is no winter!

The palms that did go down, some broken at the base and others with the root system torn out. There seems to be limited building damage and no serious injuries or deaths.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Flaco View Post
    heck ben, you've been in the dark most of your life, i'm surprised you noticed
    Even blind squirrels stumble across the occasional acorn......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

it's time to change the air in my head

Power was off again for a while today...The young lady who lives over my garage called a lineman she met on the job...Miraculously the power was back on in minutes...It pays to know people......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...