Thread: Worst drivers

Worst drivers

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

The study is badly flawed. On the first page alone, it calls Washington D.C. a state. If it can't even get that right I'm not wasting my time with the rest. I think I'll grab my phone and a six pack and go for a drive..........
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

As it relates to DC---I agree. To compare almost exclusively inner city driving to the mix of driving in States is ludicrous. To not see NJ in the top echelon also casts doubt on the entire list.

As an aside, once while in Dalton GA---the home range of MTG---and pre GPS, I asked a gas attendant how far it was to my destination---after a bit of thought he said----"it's about a six pack"
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

We used to measure distance in beer here, too back before they made it illegal to drink one while driving. Ahhh, the good old days!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

When I first saw this I thought who even cares. But just for kicks and giggles a quick Google search yielded the following article which proves to me that if you're looking to find something bad it's really easy.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pittsburgh/n...her-education/
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

Clearly you didn't read the article you linked to. The headline shows how, with only a few words in bold print, the editor managed to send a coded message to the "skimmers".

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Clearly you didn't read the article you linked to. The headline shows how, with only a few words in bold print, the editor managed to send a coded message to the "skimmers".
    The content of the article was not my point.
    OPINION....a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

I get it. The methods to determine "The Worst" can be illusive and erroneous.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I knew exactly what your point was---I simply pointed out that it was a failed attempt.