Thread: Insanity does have limits

Insanity does have limits

PHOENIX (AP) — A judge on Monday dismissed the only remaining legal claim in Republican Kari Lake’s challenge of her loss in last year's race for Arizona governor, affirming the election of Democrat Katie Hobbs.

Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Peter A. Thompson said Lake failed to prove her claim that Maricopa County did not verify signatures on mail ballots as required by law.

Lake was among the most vocal of last year’s Republican candidates promoting former President Donald Trump’s election lies, which she made the centerpiece of her campaign. She has built a loyal following among Trump supporters and is openly considering a run for the U.S. Senate seat now held by Kyrsten Sinema, an independent and former Democrat. Lake is also often mentioned as a potential vice presidential pick for Trump.

While most other election deniers around the country conceded after losing their races in November, Lake did not. She has touted her legal battle in fundraising appeals and speeches around the country.

Lake did not immediately comment on the ruling.

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

She did not comment publicly. I expect there were a few private words spoken.

She'll be back. These people are like cicadas - spending years underground while the rest of us go about our business, then emerging into the sunlight to pester and bedevil the rest of us, loudly droning on around the clock driving everyone mad, then going back to earth for a while. We are in an upswing now. It'll pass. The last cycle was the late 1960s so figure about 10 years of this, then 40 years of peace and quiet.

Kevin's Cicada analogy fits.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    These people are like cicadas - spending years underground while the rest of us go about our business, then emerging into the sunlight to pester and bedevil the rest of us, loudly droning on around the clock driving everyone mad, then going back to earth for a while.
    Beto O'Rourke is another example......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Beto O'Rourke is another example......Ben
    But he has a great name..

To me , Arizona is the best example of the stolen election song and dance.. the conspiracy theory people brought their own crew in to prove their point and all that they proved was that Biden got a few more votes..