Thread: Tim Scott Interview NBC

Tim Scott Interview NBC

The guy sounded good! He speaks Reagan (hope, opportunity, this is a great country) and doesn't get into grievance and victimhood. He said he would sign the most conservative abortion bill that came onto his desk but also said that to get that bill, hearts and minds need to be changed first. YAY! Someone who took the lesson of Roe! I believe that Roe failed because by going to the Supreme Court, Democrats avoided the hard work of trying to make the argument to the people first. All that did was entrench opposition. Asa Hutchinson figured out the same thing during COVID when he didn't mandate mask usage - he personally toured his state and made the argument every he could that using masks was the right thing to do.

Hutchinson and Scott look good to me, but Trump speaks the language the present Republican base wants to hear. I like Niki Haley, would like Christie as well. I think Christie has the straight of it - go right at Trump using his own tactics. Probably be like two ions colliding and a great deal of energy used up, destroying both candidacies, but the only way to deal with Trump is to use what got Trump through the primaries last time.

All that stood out for me in the info about Scott on the web was his statement at age 30 that, "I'm a virgin." I question why he would want others to know that about him.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

His base wants to know those sorts of things. It is virtue signaling and makes sense for his situation and the people from whom he is looking for a vote. To me, it is useless information. But the fact that he offers it doesn't detract from him in my view. It's a push, as we say in the northeast.

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    All that stood out for me in the info about Scott on the web was his statement at age 30 that, "I'm a virgin." I question why he would want others to know that about him.

Hunter
    he wants the INCEL vote
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Learned a new word.. or, learned that there was a word for “the great (partner) famine of 2023”..

Scot did sound good.. so refreshing to hear a politician that can express themselves in a truthful and sane manner..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Learned a new word.
    Me too - INCEL.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead