Thread: In case you missed it

In case you missed it

There was a story this week about how immigrants, bused from the southern border, displaced homeless vets at a few hotels in the 'burbs outside of NYC. It seems to have been a hoax, concocted by a misguided head of a veteran's nonprofit assistance agency. The Albany Times-Union is reporting that a local Republican politician, concerned about the issue, looked further and the report unraveled. He found homeless vets who admitted being paid to lie, hotels that had supposedly displaced vets that in actuality had never housed vets, etc.

The report made a big splash this week and got everyone excited. The head of the nonprofit said she "just wanted to help vets". Well, lying about their situation isn't helping anything.

https://www.timesunion.com/hudsonval...m-18108478.php

BTW, I've eaten at the Daily Planet, mentioned in the story. Good food but at those prices, you'd have to be a man of steel to endure lunch.

I am not surprised---just tonight I learned that Jordan Neely, the mentally disturbed black homeless man strangled to death in a subway incident this week, was in fact a "subway performer".
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis