Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Update

Excellent news...Onward through the fog!......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Most excellent..

Baby steps. All good news.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Well---I can report with certainty that the queen is recovering---she was crabby today

She is still in ICU but she ate a med sized salad for lunch

She is pain free, if she doesn't move---if she coughs it's a bad move

All going in the right direction
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Excellent news!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Moving on

She is being transferred this afternoon from Penn in Philadelphia to our local hospital which is associated with Penn. This is our preferred hospital in the area and they have an excellent rehab department (I spent four weeks in that rehab in 2017).

Her pain remains a major issue but her progress is obvious.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Most excellent.. keep getting better Ms G..

Great news! That should make things easier on both of you.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Their rehab department is excellent, in my opinion, and I am very happy that she is going there. From a logistical standpoint, it is a huge help. It literally is a 20 minute leisurely drive through the county side, which equals the time to walk from the parking garage to Carol’s room at Penn. Going into center city Philadelphia is at best an hour and a quarter drive.

A few minutes ago I got a call --not from a “hospital”---but Dana in the rehab unit! They know my wife is coming and they are looking forward to her arrival---and they all remember me (from 2017!) and she wanted to tell me the unit is in the same location, but with a large new wing opening, the entry to the hospital has changed and she wanted to explain that to me!!!! God bless all those who do not see themselves as defined by their job descriptions

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    ---and they all remember me (from 2017!)
    That can be a good thing, or a bad thing......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I am very happy to post this. I have been sending updates to "Carol's Klan" (its a lot of people) since the day she entered the hospital, I just sent the last and I thought it appropriate to post here:

What a difference a day makes
    24 little hours
    Brought the sun and the flowers
    Where there used to be rain!

Carol was a new person today 😊 She was dressed and while I was there she got up (with a little help from her nurse) walked to the bathroom using a walker, came back to the bed and got back in with a little help!!!!

She said her pain was about a 7----that is a long way from the 10 where it had been. She had OT this morning and got her hair washed and then gave herself a sponge bath---no shower yet but that will come. She was scheduled for two PT sessions this afternoon but she was asleep and they left her rest. That will not happen beginning on Monday 😉

She had a chef’s salad for dinner with fresh fruit and ate it all.

What a difference a day makes
    There's a rainbow before me
    Skies above can't be stormy!

So boys and girls, it’s time for me to say a loving and heart felt goodbye----I got fired today----I’m back on the self---Carol will take over her own reports. You’ve all been grand but it is with a relieved heart that I move on. I start school again very shortly.

God Bless you all and thank you for all your prayers---they are working 😊

Very good, Dave. I am happy for your wife and you.

Thank you--and thanks to everyone