Thread: Delusional Much?

Delusional Much?

Texas Governor Gregg Abbott announced this morning his new Texas Tactical Border Force comprised of National Guard members to protect the Texas border with Mexico. If they are actually allowed to do their jobs, this is one time I agree with him.

"According to the Biden administration itself, they anticipate about 13,000 people coming across the border illegally, every single day," the governor added. "If you extend that out over the course of a year, it means it will be about 4,700,000 people coming across the border a year. That will mean there will be more people coming across the border illegally than there are residents of the massive city of Chicago."
    The delusional part from my title line comes in the comments sections from the username Chronicles_of_Corn_Pop. I don't know what this guy is smoking, but I bet he got it from Trump:

Had the duly reelected president been in office these past two years, our border would be secure, we would not be contracting the foreign CCP virus variants, monkeypox, polio, incurable gonorrhea, Candida auris, and other diseases Superspreader Dementia Joe intentionally aided and abetted into our country (AKA treason), Chinese Fentanyl would not be killing our children, youth, and homeless, CCP Spy balloons would not be flying over the USA, $85 Billion of U.S.-taxpayer-purchased military weapons, equipment, and aircraft would not be in the hands of the murderous Taliban, Afghan women would still be attending school, Al Qaeda and ISIS would not be returning to Afghanistan, Bagram would still be a U.S. airbase, Putin and Xi would not even be thinking about invading, the murderous Iranian mullahs would be shaking in their towel hats and bathrobes, Xi would not be getting millions of barrels of our Strategic Petroleum Reserve, we would not be spending $300 Million per day supporting the Demmunist Party's recently imported foreign voters, BLM would not be looting our stores, jobs and manufacturing would be returning to America, our economy would be growing, inflation would be low, fuel would still be below $2/gallon, infant formula would be plentiful, groomers and drag queens would not be molesting our children, and we would not be listening to that ebony lezbonian lie and deceive on behalf of the mumbling, stumbling, bungling mindless buffoon.
    FOX News

How do people get so far off the rails?
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

...and to make it worse----they drag a whole bunch of people with them
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

"...fuel would still be below $2/gallon...."
    - Fox

Count me in.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Still say give them all SS Numbers and work permits. No bennies until they become citizens. At only from that point on will count towards any SS.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    "...fuel would still be below $2/gallon...."
    - Fox

Count me in.

Hunter
    Diesel just dropped under $3 here, only $1 to go......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Damn! $3.35 here.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Still say give them all SS Numbers and work permits. No bennies until they become citizens. At only from that point on will count towards any SS.
    Fred, I'll have to say that idea has merit on the surface......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    Fred, I'll have to say that idea has merit on the surface......Ben
    Hey Ben think of all the funds going into SS to continue to let you and me enjoy ours longer. Beat the employer paying under the table below wages and tasking advantage of the people just trying for a better life.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    Hey Ben think of all the funds going into SS to continue to let you and me enjoy ours longer. Beat the employer paying under the table below wages and tasking advantage of the people just trying for a better life.
    So, instead of the employers ripping them off you want the government to rip them off unless they become citizens. I see that as coerced citizenship which is something that should never be forced, but something entered into willfully and with pride.