Thread: active shooter at Dallas Mall

active shooter at Dallas Mall

maybe the Texas motto should become Good guys wear Kevlar outside

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...mall-rcna83220
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

What in the hell is wrong with these stupid people?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    What in the hell is wrong with these stupid people?......Ben
    I sure wish we could figure that out.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

The suspected shooter was "neutralized" by a city police officer who was responding to an unrelated call at the mall, he said.

also known as permanent ventilation
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

9 dead so far. Would have been many more if not for the actions of a Solo Police Officer with good gun control under extreme pressure. What he did is what every officer should aspire to be able to do. Bravo

Shooter was wearing "Tactical Gear"

Kudos to the Officer who stopped the shooter. Odds are he saved multiple lives.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Honda View Post
    Looks like the cop got a headshot on the bad guy. Graphic

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/statu...985622528?s=19
    You have to login to twitter to view and I don't have a twitter account. That's okay with me, though. I've seen enough heads blown apart to last me.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    You have to login to twitter to view and I don't have a twitter account. That's okay with me, though. I've seen enough heads blown apart to last me.
    never had a twitter account, never will

Twitter is under fire this morning for allowing this and related videos to remain running.

Please tell me why the public has a "need to know" and see this. Imagine a parent unwittingly going there and seeing their dead or dying child. In my mind, Facebook and all similar "social media" sites fall into the same trash bucket.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    In my mind, Facebook and all similar "social media" sites fall into the same trash bucket.
    On that we will always agree, Dave...Right here and a Dodge/Cummins forum and a S&W forum is as "social" as I get...The rest are there only for the money......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    On that we will always agree, Dave...Right here and a Dodge/Cummins forum and a S&W forum is as "social" as I get...The rest are there only for the money......Ben
    A good friend of mine was incensed when he found out his sister had died----by someone who saw it on Facebook. Her DIL decided that she needed to post it before the rest of the family could be informed
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Yep, give our people the ability to put things online and watch the circus roll into town.

Wifey is on Facebook since she wants to keep up on family/social matters and there it is. Me? If it's something I need to know she tells me about it. She's a gatekeeper.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead