Thread: Brighten your day

Brighten your day

It doesn't apply to all areas of the country but it does apply to most----the value of your property is recovering or may even have reached a new high.

It makes the probability of a pending recession at best questionable.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

And it makes the likelihood of increased property tax inevitable......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    When I did state tax this year I got a refund of 1/2 the property tax we paid. Win-win in my book.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Texas has lots of tax breaks for old people. Maybe you can find something you've missed claiming.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Texas has lots of tax breaks for old people.
    Who you callin' old, junior?......

And yes, I took all those already......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

As tax sites go - Texas looks good.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    As tax sites go - Texas looks good.

Hunter
    Yeah, until you figure out that they finance just about everything from property taxes.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Prop 20 here in Calif puts a major crimp in the greed of the pols. Locks in the max % your property taxes can go up based on the original price you paid when you bought your house. I bought mine 12 years ago at $530,000 it's now valued at $1,300,000
    but my tax is based off the $530,000 plus capped raises

Oh and the way the law was written the pols can't mess with it. It takes a 2/3 vote of the voters to change the law
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

I like Prop 20...I'll like it even better when government learns to live within its budget as we peons must, without spending all their time devising ways to get re-elected......Ben

Yeah, TG, Nevada does the same with their property taxes. Meanwhile, here in Utah, property taxes decrease right about the time codgerhood hits.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Ben I checked with my local tax professional. Veterans in TX have all sorts of property tax breaks especially if you have any disability listed with the VA
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Ben I checked with my local tax professional. Veterans in TX have all sorts of property tax breaks especially if you have any disability listed with the VA
    I was unaware of that...I don't know if my hearing loss from working around running fighter jets is a disability, but I've never registered for the VA medical benefits...Maybe it's time I did......Ben

I was unaware of that...I don't know if my hearing loss from working around running fighter jets is a disability, but I've never registered for the VA medical benefits...Maybe it's time I did......Ben
    it is. My FIL was almost deaf from flying A26s he was classified 100% disabled and as a result paid no property tax in Texas

you may also qualify for disability pay from the VA

I guess it's time I looked into it......Ben