Thread: good thing he didn't put up a fight at his house

good thing he didn't put up a fight at his house

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

One full-auto submachine gun
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Maybe at 71 he forgot that he had some of them..

I surprise myself all of the time, “finding” things..

In Myers’ home, officers found a large number of weapons:

21 semi-automatic and bolt-action rifles
    16 handguns, three of which were privately made firearms (ghost guns)
    Two shotguns
    One full-auto submachine gun
    10,000 rounds of ammunition
    Not much of a "large number" around here...And no mention of whether the subgun was a legally transferred NFA item...Either way, I agree with depriving him of possession until his guilt or innocence in the incident is settled...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Maybe at 71 he forgot that he had some of them..
    Maybe I should take inventory again?......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I'm not trying to downplay this fools crimes that lead to the search warrant on his home and the seizure of his firearms. If he did the deed then he needs to suffer the consequences according the the laws of his state. Don't like the laws? Don't break them, move! Just don't come to Texas!

However, (y'all knew that was coming, didn't you?) it irks me when the local law enforcement and the news media report his apparently legal ownership of firearms as possibly the crime of the year when, as near as I can tell, none of the firearms was possessed illegally. I checked more than 10 sources and none of them reported any firearms being held illegally. I don't know California gun laws and I have no idea if any of the firearms he possessed were illegal, or not.

None of the firearms, as listed, would be illegal here in Texas and most other states. The (gasp!) sub-machine gun could easily be legally owned if one has a clean background and the monetary means to complete the purchase. I've often thought of buying one myself just for the novelty of owning one. But, I never could think of a practical reason to do so.

As for the numbers, guns add up quickly. They are just like any other hobby, buy one and the next thing you know your gun safe is full - they are like rabbits in that regard. And 10K rounds of ammo? That's not that much folks. That's only 250 rounds per firearm. I buy ammo in 1K round bulk packs because I use a lot and it's cheaper that way. I think my last 9mm purchase was 2K rounds.

The only thing of interest in this story is how field trainees worked the initial case under the guidance of their FTOs. Great training!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Maybe at 71 he forgot that he had some of them....
    At what age does that start? I'd love to open my gun safe door and find new firearms just waiting for me!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

As TG points out - it's not like this guy was laying low. By calling attention to himself, he may have avoided further decent into his depravity.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    At what age does that start? I'd love to open my gun safe door and find new firearms just waiting for me!
    Nothing of real value yet.. but I keep finding tv/ computer cords and packs of nuts and bolts that I didn’t remember having.. no high $$$ items yet..

Apparently I'm obsessed......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Well, by her standards I'm definitely not normal, nor am I an enthusiast........