Thread: Bought a new computer again.

Bought a new computer again.

What a trip to get it set up. Old one wouldn't support Windows 11 on motherboard.

Did get a curved screen 34 in and that's just amazing. Now to hire a 10 year old to figure out how to install from one to the other.

Must say it's easier to get on this site.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

CongRATs, Fred!...It's always a fun day getting a new one fired up......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    CongRATs, Fred!...It's always a fun day getting a new one fired up......Ben
    Still working the bugs out. Slowly adding stuff.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

I used to dread moving to a new computer but it has become far less of a hassle with leased software.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Curious - leased software? Does that mean you must continue to pay for it?

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    Curious - leased software? Does that mean you must continue to pay for it?

Hunter
    Yes it does. All of my Microsoft software including office suite and Visio, AutoCAD, and PDF Pro plus a few other engineering programs.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Interesting. Thank you for the response.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Yes it does. All of my Microsoft software including office suite and Visio, AutoCAD, and PDF Pro plus a few other engineering programs.

That's why I use Apache Open Office. I am not going to pay to lease software
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"