Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trump Indicted in NY

Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    My hope, along with many Americans, is we do not see violence and civil disobedience as our Justice system does its job. We need #45 to shut up and NOT incite his followers. But, I doubt he will listen to people like us.

Hunter
    wishful thinking on so many counts
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    He is incapable of concern for anything or anyone other than himself.
    I wish the first indictment was stronger but it is what it is.
    it may be more than it seems. reports are coming in that the indictment contains 30 counts of Business Fraud
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/30/polit...ent/index.html
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    it may be more than it seems. reports are coming in that the indictment contains 30 counts of Business Fraud
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/30/polit...ent/index.html
    There are few in NYC that don't know about trump's endless business transgressions----but I would far rather get on to the main events of insurrection, inciting a riot, election tampering et al

I find it puzzling why such fools as lindsey graham are out scrounging for shekels for one of the worlds "richest men" He must have a short memory-----or withered balls---he is competing for the biggest rino chameleon
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

It seems all, or at least most, of Trump's Republican frenemies are friends again. DeSantis is even saying that Florida will not participate in the extradition of Trump. Politics sure makes for strange bedfellows!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It seems all, or at least most, of Trump's Republican frenemies are friends again. DeSantis is even saying that Florida will not participate in the extradition of Trump. Politics sure makes for strange bedfellows!
    All the rinos are probably thinking they could be next

I listened to pence last night---what a weasel
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    ......... DeSantis is even saying that Florida will not participate in the extradition of Trump. ............
    So is Florida now a sanctuary state? Hard for me to understand why they wouldn't honor warrants from another state.
    Fred

stayed alive."

Quote Originally Posted by FredK View Post
    So is Florida now a sanctuary state? Hard for me to understand why they wouldn't honor warrants from another state.
    I feel sure that they will, as long as the name on the warrant is not Trump...........
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

So far, so good! No riots or burning cities. Maybe our people are smarter than I gave them credit for, they're going to let the justice system do its job.

I am surprised a little bit by the number of Republican politicians who have come out in his support. I thought some of them were smarter than what they appear to be now. They should have just kept their mouths shut and let the system work. Then, after the verdict, they could come out and look like geniuses, whatever way the verdict goes. Oh, well, we already knew most of them are part of the cult. Makes me sad for our future. Between them and the Democrats, we are doomed.

I'm not a lawyer and did not sleep in a Holliday Inn so , I gots me a question . Trump has been indicted ; He will have to " surrender " Tuesday . Now , Don't they have to inform him of the charges ? . And if they do , then he could post them any time he wanted to . If he does not know what he is charged with , why should he turn himself in ? .And , if he does know what he is charged with , I'm surprised that he hasn't spread it all over the news by now .

Additionally , on a personal note . I think there will be a ton of " talking head know it alls " with egg on their faces when the charges are known and the payout to S D is not among them .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

It's a sealed indictment. The charges will be disclosed at his arraignment on Tuesday. Unless there is a surprise hidden in there, I can't see a conviction.

Tax evasion ala Al Capone

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    Tax evasion ala Al Capone
    Not that he paid Stormy.. rather that he claimed the pay off as legal fees/expenses on his taxes..

Just my guess..

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Not that he paid Stormy.. rather that he claimed the pay off as legal fees/expenses on his taxes..

Just my guess..
    My take also. May be some other stuff that also comes out. Suspect it has to do with taxes.
    Fred

stayed alive."

I regard this entire "affair" as being a lovely beginning to truly making America great again
    Last edited by Dave Grubb; 04-01-2023 at 12:25 PM.