Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladies and gentlemen---I present the latest Darwin award winners:

Ladies and gentlemen---I present the latest Darwin award winners:

This one in CA, and this one---a former gentleman from Tyler Tx.

Unfortunately any awards will have to be awarded posthumously.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I'm sure the awards are well earned, but the Sacramento Bee doesn't think I'm worthy of reading it......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    I'm sure the awards are well earned, but the Sacramento Bee doesn't think I'm worthy of reading it......Ben
    Me, either. But I got the gist of it.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The paywall came up too quick for me......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

We know alcohol was involved in one and I'm betting that/and/or drugs in the other one. Combining either with operating a vehicle and... splat... There is a bright spot, though, neither one took out innocent bystanders.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    We know alcohol was involved in one and I'm betting that/and/or drugs in the other one.
    I'm guessing - "Watch this bubba...No I'll hang on to my beer, I only need one hand to steer with"......Ben

From different sources, just for you, Ben!

1st

2nd
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Thanks, Mike...Both were obviously graduates of the Hazzard County driving school, and assumed they could walk away from their exits......Ben

When the paywall pops up just click on the X and be on your way
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    When the paywall pops up just click on the X and be on your way
    There's no X, they want me to read their stinkin' ads!...So I was on my way......Ben

Sorry

Sorry
    It ain't your fault......Ben

I know---but it isn't everyday you can watch some idiot get out of a car at 80 mph

I know---but it isn't everyday you can watch some idiot get out of a car at 80 mph
    I've seen the results of it, and it ain't pretty!

I've seen the results of it, and it ain't pretty!
    I actually worked a motorcycle crash where the rider lost it at 100mph, hit the guy wire on a power pole and went pinwheeling through the trees and down the hillside 90' below the roadway where he wrapped his torso around a tree. Complicated rescue. compromised airway (crushed face) fractured pelvis, multiple spinal fractures, shattered femur, ruptured spleen. We hauled him up the slope got him to the life flight helo still breathing. They took him to Valley Med Trauma. Month in a coma, multiple plates and rods. came out with no brain damage and a limp. Some of my best work
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"