Thread: Not Bo and Luke Duke

Not Bo and Luke Duke

what really happens when you fly a car

https://www.foxla.com/news/watch-tir...sworth-freeway
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

It's impressive how the tire takes out the vehicle, then strikes it again after that vehicle is stopped. If the driver was fully secured, he could survive it (one hopes).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Amazingly:
    In a statement to Storyful, the Los Angeles Police Department said that there were no major injuries as a result of the incident.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Wonder what failed rim or wheel nuts. Driver must have known something was wrong with his truck since the tire was moving out way before the accident.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'

Yeah, one would think that a problematic wheel mount would be obvious, but I can attest that's not necessarily so.

I had a 1964 Corvette with the classic knockoff rims. While driving it to work the LR tire fell off in a left turn lane on State Street in SLC. It was a shock to me as nothing seemed abnormal with the car beforehand. But, I was impressed the fiberglass body held up as it hit the pavement. After having the tire/wheel assembly remounted, I was on my way again.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Same here. I was driving a new to me 1954 Ford Pick up back in 1971. Suddenly I see a tire pass me and the rear end went down. I don't remember which side. I found out later there right and left handed threads to hold on the wheel.
    Fred

"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've
    stayed alive."

'Take care of yourself, and each other.'