Thread: Here is a Waco tidbit that I could back

Here is a Waco tidbit that I could back

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., one of Trump's fiercest allies, received high praise from the former president throughout the night.

Trump praised her advocacy for Jan. 6 defendants and told the crowd that people "don't realize how brilliant she is." He also said he'd like to see her run for higher office.

"Would you like to run for the Senate? I would fight like hell for you," Trump said to Greene.
    I think that is a wonderful idea---I don't believe that there are enough delusional voters in GA to make that successful. She needs to stay in Dalton---if she were to ever face literate voters she will be history
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

...people "don't realize how brilliant she is."

I am one of those people. Yet, voters chose her. It is what it is.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Sick SOB!

And the danger to democracy at home was crystal clear last night, as former president Trump held a rally in Waco, Texas, where in 1993 a 51-day government siege of the headquarters of a religious cult gave birth to the modern anti-government militia movement. Since then, Waco has been a touchstone for violent attacks on the government. There, last night, Trump stood on stage with his hand over his heart while loudspeakers played not the national anthem but a song recorded by January 6 insurrectionists. Footage from the January 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol played on a screen behind him.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I just can't get over how pervasive insurrectionist movements are in our country. Personally, it's painful for me to see it happening. For, we are one of the foremost admired nations in the world. We need to be worthy and strong. Somewhere along the line, we have failed.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    I just can't get over how pervasive insurrectionist movements are in our country.
    Some might argue our nation was founded in insurrection......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Yes, it was, Ben. Fortunately, our Founders built-in systems to weather such storms. We'll get through this, but we may see pain and death along the way. May our First Responders and allied personnel be safe.

Hunter