Thread: Pride jerseys

Pride jerseys

A few football players have refused to wear some sort of gay pride jersey to show support for the LGBTQ+ community. They are getting static for their stance.

I have no problem with sports figures using their celebrity status to pitch causes they believe in but I draw the line at players feeling coerced into support for causes they do not. You do you, man, and whoever is not against us is for us, as Mark says. Not supporting is not the same as actively opposing and this whole mob mentality is a major downer.

I won't tell you who to date, you don't tell me what causes to cheer for......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I agree with the direction this thread is taking. Choice is part of our history and our lives. Though I support choices, I do not support forced choices - on matters of personal behavior.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead