Thread: Makes me think

Makes me think

I have always been of the opinion that the P & VP could not be from the same state . I now see [ I think ] that I have been incorrect . { I think ] In truth , if I am reading this correctly , if both the P & VP are from the same state then only that states electors would be unable to vote . So , if in fact the impossible were to happen , Florida would be a non player . Have I got that correct ?.

Article II
    Section 1

The Electors shall meet in their respective States, and vote by Ballot for two Persons, of whom one at least shall not be an Inhabitant of the same State with themselves.
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

True, but easily circumvented. Just before the election, Trump becomes a resident of a different state. I recall Cheney having to do that in 2000. Not likely that Trump's running mate DeSantis will go anywhere - he'd have to give up being governor. Nothing preventing DeSantis from keeping his day job even after a successful election, though. So the itinerant billionaire would likely be the guy to "move". I use that term loosely. In my state, Bobby Kennedy rented a house on Long Island to qualify for residency six months before being elected Senator from NY. The joke was, all states have two Senators except Massachusetts, which has three, and NY, which has one.