...the advice columns---but I have to confess---this one got my attention:

Too Many Free Nipples

The young ones tend to never wear a bra and come to the office in cropped tops and braless (sometimes sheer tops). What is with the hate on bras? Is this a generational preference? I am very happy to wear a comfortable bra every day and I am uncomfortable not wearing one. I find this new generation of braless ladies rude and unprofessional. These young ladies do not seem to mind the stares from others and more so when the office gets a little chilly. I have nothing against “free the nipple” but why impose this on others in a professional environment?

— Anonymous

Women are not imposing their nipples on you by existing, braless, in public spaces. You are imposing your judgment on their bodies. Why does this preoccupy you so? It could be useful to interrogate the judgments you place on other people’s bodies and why those bodies, in their natural state, make you so uncomfortable.

Most work environments have professional dress standards, and it may well be that the “young ones” are flouting those standards, but that’s not really something you need to vex yourself over. That’s an H.R. issue that is none of your business. Try to let this go. Nipples exist. Sometimes, they are erect beneath clothing. The human body is not shameful. It’s a perfectly natural thing.
I once worked with an excellent AA who is a staunch feminist who seldom wore a bra and has huge nipples-----but I never noticed