Thread: Propane price

Propane price

I got a delivery today at $2.44/gal, the same as it was in January and down from last Oct when it was $2.59/gal.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Having inherited an interest in a couple of wells, I have mixed emotions about the price of oil and gas. My bank account likes it when prices are up, but I feel bad about others being hurt by the high prices. Right now, the price of oil is nearly half the price it was at the peak this past year and gas is almost being given away. So, the bank account is not happy, but I feel better and I hope the retail pump prices come down as well.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

We sold the rights off with the sale of the cottage---the "big bucks" came with the lease and user rights to the road. We still have another well site but we have never been, even with the two, net sellers of energy

I have a friend who was a dairy farmer and he cut a deal with the pipeline company to get enough gas to heat his house, milk house and his hot water heaters----he was a happy camper. I tried to make a similar deal but they weren't having any of that---I got an immediate hard "no" when I offered up that proposition at the cottage
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

There's an article online about the presumed death of Diesel in this decade. And, Propane and Natural Gas are put forth as replacements. If burned appropriately, there are no toxic releases.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

Could not come too soon for me---I am heavily invested in Westport Fuel Systems (WPRT) and I am far into the red on that venture

They are heavy into NG and LPG and are now working on hydrogen fuel cells for trucks.