Thread: Imagine this

Imagine this

I graduated from an all boys (at the time) prep school---Perkiomen School. It is a small school (my class was 62) and far more focused on academics than sports------but that might be changing. Current total number of students is 330 in grades 8-12.

Three graduates of Perkiomen currently play on the Princeton University team that is having a real run in March Madness--including taking out #1 seed Purdue.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

yeah, yeah....i can one up ya

in my junior year of high school, i was one of 14 in my class at an all boys prep school. it was announced that our school was closing due to lack of enrollment. our sister school offered to let my class have our senior year in their school. only 12 of us accepted the offer. so my senior year was spent as 1 of 12 boys in an all girls high school. it was an amazing experience, and i joined in many after school clubs

best of luck to you and your fellow grads in march madness
    it's time to change the air in my head

Quote Originally Posted by Flaco View Post
    Yeah, sure...I was in my third year of the fourth grade, just starting to get the hang of it, ya know...That's when I got home from detention one afternoon to find my draft papers had arrived in the mail...And the rest is history...Good luck to all in the roundball contest......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

in my junior year of high school, i was one of 14 in my class at an all boys prep school. it was announced that our school was closing due to lack of enrollment. our sister school offered to let my class have our senior year in their school. only 12 of us accepted the offer. so my senior year was spent as 1 of 12 boys in an all girls high school. it was an amazing experience, and i joined in many after school clubs

best of luck to you and your fellow grads in march madness
    As an adult, I came to see my last four years of secondary education in an all boys school as a distinct disadvantage in preparing me to interact well with women in both social settings and in business. This lack of experience continued through the Army and then college (we had one female in the engineering school---and she left in the second year). There is no solacious confessions to offer---I didn't go around grabbing women by their privates---it was far more subtle than that. I simply was ill-equipped to deal with the whole "women are from Venus" thought. Simply put, I felt poorly equipped in the social graces because of a lack of experience.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    As an adult, I came to see my last four years of secondary education in an all boys school as a distinct disadvantage in preparing me to interact well with women in both social settings and in business. This lack of experience continued through the Army and then college (we had one female in the engineering school---and she left in the second year). There is no solacious confessions to offer---I didn't go around grabbing women by their privates---it was far more subtle than that. I simply was ill-equipped to deal with the whole "women are from Venus" thought. Simply put, I felt poorly equipped in the social graces because of a lack of experience.
    i completely understand. my senior year opened my eyes and i was actually able to communicate with females, instead of just stutter and look meekly away at the simplest of conversations. it made some of my friends a bit jealous that i was able to converse with the opposite sex very easily like it was second nature to me. the reality is i simply learned that you can have a normal conversation with anyone, male or female.
    it's time to change the air in my head

i was actually able to communicate with females, instead of just stutter and look meekly away at the simplest of conversations.
    I wish I had been able to master that technique, but at this late stage of life it looks like it ain't gonna happen......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

"...you can have a normal conversation with anyone, male or female."
    - Flaco

Man, if I could figure out a way to put that on a bumper sticker...

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead