Thread: The Misfits...

The Misfits...

If you will all now open your copies of Dan Harbaugh's "Memoirs" (sadly out of print) to page 40, you will note that Dan appeared, albeit briefly, in the Clark Gable/Marilyn Monroe movie, "The Misfits"...By Dan's own admission his appearance was limited to brief glimpses of his helmeted head as he flew the old biplane used to herd wild horses in the movie...This "co-starring" role came about as he had landed his own Mooney Mite at the Fallon Nevada airport for refueling...He was known to the airport manager, and was asked if he could fly the Meyers OTW in the place of the drunken stunt pilot who could not be aroused from his stupor...Dan produced the necessary credentials, and the film was completed as scheduled...

IMDB does not credit him with the work, but rather another person who never before, nor never after received credit for any filming position...Those who would like to view Dan's performance may do so as a freebie at YouTube......Ben

The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

I fast-forwarded to MM's entry. As always, she was gorgeous.

It must be odd being famous for one's beauty or sex appeal. For, once such a person loses that - who and what are they?

Eli Wallach was also in that film. I thought he was an incredible actor. Interestingly, throughout his Hollywood career, he remained married to the same woman (a novel and admirable feat).

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead