Thread: Paper airplanes fly to a new level

Paper airplanes fly to a new level

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Very cool...I want Putin to say he was defeated by a paper air force......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

That is really cool!

Unrelated, I saw a joke yesterday in which a brother bet his sister that he could make a single sheet of paper fly farther than she could. Sister accepted the bet and watched her brother spend half an hour meticulously folding, pressing and bending his sheet of paper into a glider which he launched for a distance of about 30'. The sister took her sheet of paper and crumpled it into a tightly compressed ball and launched it over the house, beating her brothers distance by over 3x, and winning the bet.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I think Mikes's tale befits the situation in Ukraine. The Ukrainians don't need state-of-the-art weaponry to beat Russia. Their creative use of simple cardboard planes does the trick.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

The east Germans had a car made of similar material which was dubbed the cardboard car.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis