Thread: Air Fryer for Asparagus

Air Fryer for Asparagus

First time for me.

I washed and dried the asparagus, then coated with lemon juice (1/2 a lemon), EVOO, and garlic powder. In the air fryer (single layer) for 12 minutes at 400 F, and serve

Very close to the grill---and far easier

That was served with a diced Roma tomato and 8 oz of quartered mushrooms braised in butter and porterhouse steaks--rare
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I bought a bag of Asparagus labeled and pre-seasoned for the air fryer a few days ago just to try it out. It wasn't bad, but I think it was way too salty and probably won't buy it again.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I use fresh asparagus. This was $2.99 a lb.

As soon as I get home I put it in a tall container with about one inch of water in it and put it in the fridge.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

I always buy fresh, too. This was an experiment that did not work out for me.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I tried Broccoli florets tonight. Put them in a bowl, drizzled with Olive oil, sprinkled with Tony's and black pepper and tossed. Then in the fryer basket and air fried at 400° until tender and starting to barely brown on the tips. Pretty good! Not great, but I will do it some more and see if I can do better.