Thread: Arrest the e President .

Arrest the e President .

Lemme see if I got this correct . Trump gets arrested , no bail is set so he goes to jail . The S S is tasked to protect him so , S S agents are required to set in his cell , armed to the death , to protect him .

He is finally put in the general population and the S S is required to protect him at all times .

Sounds as if there is a real headache for law enforcement about to take place .

Who will be supplying the popcorn for this C F .
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .

I agree, it will be a huge CF if it happens.

In my mind, if indicted, Trump will be allowed to turn himself in for booking and be immediately released on a minimal bond. Maybe just a personal recognizance bond.

The CF will start with the trial and really catch fire if he is convicted. I just don't see them being able to seat a jury that would all agree on a conviction, so expect a hung jury, and the DA will have to decide if it is worth another trial.

If he is actually convicted, I see a great likelihood of a probated sentence and he is released. Done and done!

Or, if he gets jail time, he is released into the custody of the SS who will hold him under house arrest.

No jail or prison facility will ever allow weapons inside their secure areas, not even for the SS, so I think a real jail term is not going to happen, they will have to find some other way to contain him. Maybe Biden would let them use Camp David.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I have to ask----where did you "find" that revelation?

It would appear the this CF has already begun

If, in the very unlikely event trump would ever sully the inside of a jail, they should just let everyone else go---to be locked up with that SOB would be cruel and unusual punishment.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Gitmo. I believe the guards are armed
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Bail is to ensure someone will show up for trial.

Where's Trump going to go if he takes it on the lam? Somewhere he can blend into the crowd, take a menial job, stay out of the limelight? Not likely.

No one is going to insist on bail for Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Bail is to ensure someone will show up for trial.

Where's Trump going to go if he takes it on the lam? Somewhere he can blend into the crowd, take a menial job, stay out of the limelight? Not likely.

No one is going to insist on bail for Donald Trump.
    Agree!
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I'm betting they'll take his passport too - though he can easily afford a jet/boat to get him out of the USA. Personally, I don't think he'll leave. Visitors to his resort pump him up and praise him. With his ego, I doubt he could give that up.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

This one site I read for a compilation of political opinions of various stripes made an interesting point.

In the rest of the world, including in developed democracies, putting the head of government on trial for alleged misdeeds is not unusual. It hasn't happened here but it has in many other places, and not in banana republics. For example, Israel is going through a bout of this sort of turmoil. So maybe everyone needs to take a deep breath and see what happens, not get too worked up and maybe trust the process instead of going tribal.