Thread: McCarthy Weaponizing Congress For Political Hit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

McCarthy Weaponizing Congress For Political Hit

McCarthy has stepped way out of bounds in calling for an investigation of the Manhattan District Attorney over his investigation of Trump. It seems to me any federal investigation should come from the DOJ, not the House of Representatives. It is nothing more than harassment and intimidation in an effort to protect Trump. If this isn't abuse of office and grounds for impeachment, it sure makes a good case.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) on Saturday announced a congressional investigation into the local prosecutors reportedly preparing to indict former President Trump.
    [snip]
    McCarthy accused Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg of “an outrageous abuse of power” and of “pursu[ing] political vengeance against President Trump” in a tweet posted Saturday morning.

“I’m directing relevant committees to immediately investigate if federal funds are being used to subvert our democracy by interfering in elections with politically motivated prosecutions,” McCarthy said.
    SOURCE
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

I'm all for kev's antics----he is giving as much help as possible to ending the rinos game. It just proves that some people are perfectly alright with no morals or principles---what would keep any normal man awake at night never enters their pea brains
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

And it gets worse:

Three key House GOP chairmen took the extraordinary step on Monday of seeking to intervene in an investigation into Donald Trump ahead of potential criminal charges the former president may face. The move underscores the lengths House Republicans are going to try to defend Trump ahead of a potential indictment, even as they acknowledge they don’t know the full scope of any potential charges.
    SOURCE

Really? Some out of control congressmen are attempting to intimidate a district attorney in the middle of a criminal investigation to protect their cohort? That in itself should be criminal.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

This crap is why I am an independent and until the gop gets its house together I will not vote for their current crop of " laws don't apply to us" wingnuts.
    "The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Quote Originally Posted by TriGuy View Post
    This crap is why I am an independent and until the gop gets its house together I will not vote for their current crop of " laws don't apply to us" wingnuts.
    No need to say exactly the same goes for me---f****** rinos
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

So some partizan DA wants to charge Trump because he paid off a hooker to keep her silent . BIG WHOOP .

Where is all this outrage when clinton did it ? . How about 17 million paid out by members of congress for the same thing .

Call me when there is an actual crime .

https://www.cnn.com/2017/11/16/polit...ent/index.html
    Individual rights are protected only as long as they don't conflict with the desires of the state .