Thread: Trump Criminal Indictment Imminent?

Trump Criminal Indictment Imminent?

Multiple news sources are predicting criminal indictments of Trump in New York next week. I'll just post a link to a search and you can choose your own trusted source. LINKY

I am uneasy about what might result if his supporters go off the rails if this really happens.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

We have a dirty ex-president...I don't understand how that can escape some people......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Yean, #45 should still be approached with caution. People who have underestimated him in the past (yes you, Merv Griffin) have paid a heavy price.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

...and as expected and right on cue:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	84.5 KB 
ID:	39499
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

He is just warming up. I fully expect him to attempt to incite another insurrection. This time, nation-wide.
    The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

There is no question in my mind that that madman will attempt to do that----nothing----absolutely nothing has importance beyond that SOB himself.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

John Bolton on Trump's call for protests.

[on edit]

Interestingly, Bolton says Jan. 6th was not an attempted coup, but rather a riot because Trump didn't have the wits to stage a coup. However, with the experience he has gained he could possibly stage a coup now, and is potentially very dangerous.

Bolton is just trying to get a dig in. It was not a serious appraisal.

He lost the election and was trying to find ways to stay President. Coup, insurrection, riot, whatever you want to call it, the man tried to subvert our nation.

There are a lot of Trump Won flags around me, and Trump 2024, and **** Joe Biden flags.

I used to think that it was odd that people were so tied to a man that considered them to be losers, and ignorant, and basically "marks" for his enrichment. I've come to believe that I was wrong.

It isn't that they love him so much as they truly, deeply despise and revile Democrats and Trump hates them as well, so they love him because he hates the people they hate. There is a huge resentment building in this country and one side has picked a leader, not for what he wants but for who he hates. It is kind of scary to see my neighbors casually express such violent and ugly thoughts in everyday conversation about people they disagree with but I guess, things have gone beyond just disagreement and have hardened into being unwilling to tolerate each other.

I wonder who the left will choose? My guess is that they won't choose anyone. Not that they wouldn't, given the chance, but I think it takes a steady diet of hate from various forms of media, over a period of decades, to get where the radical right is already and while the left disdains and condescends and belittles, it doesn't have so many people that have moved beyond that into hate. Given time, I'm sure that will come.

Meanwhile, it is depressing to see that so many people want to rile others up, just to work out their own anger. "**** Joe Biden" on a flag? What purpose does that serve other than to defiantly stick your thumb into someone else's eye, just for the sheer enjoyment of pissing someone off?

There is a vulgarity we can agree on, Kevin. Not because I like Joe Biden, but because I see that ****Joe Biden flag as disrespectful of the office of the president, regardless of who that person might be. The same goes for the saying "let's go Brandon". I don't like it because it is disrespectful of the office of the president, not because I like Biden, which I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    ...not because I like Biden, which I don't.
    A good portion of our citizens agree. But, what can save Biden's political career would be #45, or some other problematic opponent. For, voters wouldn't be voting for Biden, they'd be voting against the opponent to him.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

That's how Biden won the last election.

He'd win a rematch, too. All these indictments are just reminding people of the baggage of the Trump train. Harris as VP is not the factor for independents as conservatives would like her to be. I think a majority of the country probably is not real crazy about Biden but compared to Trump? Yeah, he'd win against Trump but only against Trump. Any other Republican would beat him. Whitmer is the Dem's biggest star after Joe, I think.

Haley is fine by me. Sununu is fine. Youngkin is fine. Hutchinson is fine. Don't like DeSantis - he's all about combat and comes across as a mean-spirited person.

16 miles west of the White House, Northern Virginia..
    Quote Originally Posted by UTAH View Post
    A good portion of our citizens agree. But, what can save Biden's political career would be #45, or some other problematic opponent. For, voters wouldn't be voting for Biden, they'd be voting against the opponent to him.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That's how Biden won the last election.
    And Trump got in on the against Hillary vote..

And Younkin talks a good talk.. but you don’t want his walk.. he is Uber right at heart..

Just my opinion.. I could be wrong (but I live with him)