Thread: Vrooom

Vrooom

An Irish aviator was getting worried being overdue, and not being able to find the air base in rapidly deteriorating weather.

"Lord,"he prayed,"I can't stand this.If you direct me to the nearest air base,I swear I'll give up drinking me whiskey, and I promise to go to church every Sunday."
    Suddenly, the clouds broke, and the sun shone brightly on a large air base below.

Without hesitation, the aviator said,"Never mind, I found one."

Happy St Patricks Day!!

"The only thing that we learn from torture is the depths of our own moral depravity"

Same to you

I'm all ready for the party----friends arrive about 5 and the corned beef and cabbage will be ready at 6

I even picked up a selection of Irish beers--including Guinness.
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

VMFA-333, the Flying Shamrocks......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

Just a word of caution----if you ever find a shamrock---or a four leaf clover---don't put it in a book----you don't want to press your luck
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity, an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty” ---Sir Winston Churchill
    "Political extremism involves two prime ingredients: an excessively simple diagnosis of the world's ills, and a conviction that there are identifiable villains back of it all." ---John W. Gardner
    “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ---C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Just a word of caution----if you ever find a shamrock---or a four leaf clover---don't put it in a book----you don't want to press your luck
    Boooo...Hisssss......Ben
    The future is forged on the anvil of history...The interpreter of history wields the hammer... - Unknown author...

What Ben said!

The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Grubb View Post
    Same to you

I'm all ready for the party----friends arrive about 5 and the corned beef and cabbage will be ready at 6

I even picked up a selection of Irish beers--including Guinness.
    i preferred beamish to guinness when i could find it, but it has been several years since i have seen it

just curious, do you corn your own beef, or get it already done? i'm trying to perfect my corned beef recipe so i'm always interested in finding out about other peoples versions

and by the way, i enjoyed your clover joke
    it's time to change the air in my head

I have to admit I buy corned beef

One thing that makes me do that is the price---my store always has a big sale on before St Patty's day and I got a point cut yesterday for $3.49/lb. Next week they will be even less and I will pick up one for the freezer.

As for the Stoudt---I'm not sure that I will even have one---that is pretty "stoudt" stuff

Mmmm... Guinness. I Fell in love with the 264-year-old dark brew back in my bar/nightclub days. Surprisingly, it's one of the healthier beers to drink, if one drinks beer. Alas, I no longer do.

On, and TG, there's nothing more beautiful than our warbirds. Thank you for showing them.

Hunter
    I don't care if it hurts. I want to have control. I want a perfect body. I want a perfect soul. - Creep by Radiohead

I did have a Guinness last night. I haven't had one in years but it was very nice---I enjoyed it as well as the dinner and the company---thank you Saint Patrick for a reason to celebrate